If you’ve never kiteboarded before than this will be your first chance to feel the raw power of a kite. Your kiteboard instructor will go over the following kiteboard skills, so you can learn how to do this extreme sport safely:
1. Setup Your Kiteboard Gear - Setting up your equipment is extremely important. It can mean the difference between a happy kite session on the water or an unhappy one in the hospital. We will spend plenty of time on making sure you get this part right because we want you safe!
2. Wind-Windows, Self-Rescue, & Other Kiteboard Knowledge - Your instructor will go into detail on how to fly your kite, what to do if you're a mile offshore and you break a line, and other essential skills that will make your kiteboarding experience fun and safe.
3. Fly A Trainer Kite - If you haven't had the chance to fly a trainer kite, your instructor will have you fly one for about 10 minutes before you fly a power kite. We do this because it makes flying a power kite safer, but it also makes you learn faster.
4. Launch & Land A Power Kite - Your instructor will show you how to launch and land a power kite. This entails learning hand signals, knowing where to position yourself if you're the kite flyer or kite catcher, and when to let go or catch the kite.
5. Fly A Power Kite With Assistance - You will fly the power kite with the assistance of your instructor. Your instructor will show you how to control the kite with just a push and pull of the wrist.
6. Fly The Kite Solo - Once you've mastered flying the kite assisted, you're instructor will let you fly the kite by yourself. Your instructor will be right there with you if you need help.
7. Body Drag - This will be your first chance to feel the raw power of the kite. You will be able to feel the full power of the kite because you'll be dragging well away from land and other obstacles. Your instructor will be dragging behind you for your first couple of drags.
8. Solo Body Drag Upwind- After you feel comfortable body dragging with your instructor, you will have the chance to drag without him. This part is essential before you get ahold of the board.
9. Board Drags - You will get the board, but you will learn to drag with it. Once you can stay upwind with the board, this is when its time to start getting up.
Water Starts - You will be shown how and where to position your kite and board, so you can easily get up and start riding.
"Kiting.com Gives The Best Kiteboard Lessons For The Island Of Kauai and Oahu. These Guys Make Kiteboarding Fun! " (Dan Burns, Maui HI)
If you ever think about crossing one island to the next, check out this video before you go!
We Are The Only Official "SLINGSHOT KITEBOARD SCHOOL" For The Island Of Oahu and Kauai!--This means we'll be teaching you with state-of-the-art bow kites and boards! We teach with the gear that we ride ourselves! And once you've taken a lesson with us and are ready to purchase gear, you can buy gear from us at BIG DISCOUNTS! We guarantee our gear prices to be the lowest on Oahu and the net, and we back this up with our 5% Price Match Guarantee!
Private and Semi-Private Lessons
We offer Private and Semi-Private Kiteboard Lessons. Our Private Lessons have a 1:1 student-teacher ratio, and our Semi-Private Lessons have a 2:1 student-teacher ratio.
"Please note that it generally takes more than one 3 hour lesson to be able to kite with the board." To book your lesson, call our booking office at 1-808-852-1938 or purchase your lesson through our shopping cart. We look forward to teaching you, and getting you hooked on the BEST EXTREME SPORT IN THE WORLD! We are now offering kitesurf lessons in Maui and Kauai in addition to Oahu. Please inquire further for more information. Click Here For Directions To Your Kailua Kiteboard Lesson